Thanks to New York Psychologist La Judia Errante for posting wellness tips soon after COVID-19 Quarantine began last April. It’s a reminder of how to continue to look out for one another.
I condensed her version into the top 15. The one big tip that is missing–spend quiet time daily. Turn off your screens, the news, and all the noise. Then, breathe in deeply, meditate, or listen to soft music.
💗 Advice from a Psychologist: Wellness Tips:
- Stick to a routine. Go to sleep and wake up at a reasonable time, write a schedule that is varied and includes self-care.
- Dress for the social life you want, not the social life you have. Get showered and dressed in comfortable clothes,
- Get out at least once a day, for at least thirty minutes.
- Find some time to move each day, again daily for at least thirty minutes.
- Reach out to others, you guessed it, at least once daily for thirty minutes.
- Stay hydrated and eat well. This one may seem obvious, but stress and eating often don’t mix well
- Notice the good in the world, the helpers. What makes you happy or brings joy.
- Spend extra time playing with children and teens. Children will rarely communicate how they are feeling and we have to aware teen suicide is up. Get help if needed!
- Give everyone the benefit of the doubt. Everyone is doing the best they can to make it through this.
- Expect behavioral issues and respond gently. We are all struggling with disruption in routine.
- Find lightness and humor in each day.
- Reach out for help when needed.
- Remind yourself daily that this is temporary.
- Limit social media and COVID conversation, especially around children.
- Find the lesson. This whole crisis can seem sad, senseless, and at times, avoidable. What can each of us learn here, in big and small ways, from this crisis? What needs to change in ourselves, our homes, our communities, our nation, and our world?
Please know that I am here to also support you and your family if you need help!
Stay Safe and Healthy!
Vicki Atlas Israel is a bestselling author, mindset coach, and speaker. Organizations hire Vicki to conduct “Ignite Your Success Mindset” workshops to help teachers, health care providers, and families to reduce stress and pain to thrive. If you are needing extra help with stress, anxiety, or better sleep, contact Vicki for a FREE Strategy Session, “Breakthrough Stress and Anxiety” at Vicki@InnerPowerMindset.com.